Amy Aves Challenger
Now Online! Spring Series FULL
Work in a small, encouraging workshop setting online and see your personal writing style emerge or simply become invigorated.
Prompts are presented to inspire writers or aspiring writers to develop work in an encouraging environment. Participants write, connect and discuss work.
Spring and summer online programs offered. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Writing Level: All levels welcomed
Price: 40 chf total for one 3-hour sessions
Class Size: Maximum 8
Following are the primary principals of the Amherst Writers and Artists Method that I use in my workshops:
Everyone has a strong, unique voice.
Everyone is born with creative genius.
Writing as an art form belongs to all people, regardless of economic class or educational level.
The teaching of craft can be done without damage to a writers original voice or artistic self-esteem.
A writer is someone who writes.
Questions? Interested in another workshop time or date that isn't posted here? Send me a message. I'd love to hear from you. Click the button below to contact me.
Consider enrolling if...
• You're an experience writer or you have been aspiring to write creatively
(poetry, journaling, essays, blog entries, fiction, screen writing or creative non-fiction,) but haven't made time to do so or don't known where to begin. Or...
• You'd like to find a creative community
for inspiration, sharing writing work, or listening to the work of others. Or...
• You're a professional writer who'd like to strengthen your voice, find a space to develop material for projects, or try a different style of writing. Or..
• You're seeking a communication outlet
to express difficult, joyful or inspirational experiences, emotions, stories, or points-of-view.
Workshops are small (maximum eight people.) Each workshop includes multiple creative writing prompts, time for participants to write in class, and time to share and receive feedback. Ideally, writers will quickly bond with one another and see results in writing advancement. Every workshop is a journey!
• Able to speak and write in English— at any level. Beginner, intermediate and advanced writers benefit from listening, articulating positive feedback, and free-writing time during workshops.
• Willing to listen and articulate respectful and positive feedback when reflecting on the work of workshop participants, regardless of experience level.
• Interested in writing, listening and talking about writing.
• Willing to honor the anonymity of all work shared in workshops. Confidentiality is a critical aspect of these workshops, as it guarantees each participant the opportunity to freely write and share in a safe environment.
Writing from the
Thank you for unleashing the creative. I love the technique and intimacy of the group. The weekly workshops gave me time to explore like a child, and find my words again.
The space you created felt almost sanctified and spirit filled. Your stories inspire, validate and feed the soul too. I loved every second of our time together. Thank you for sharing your craft.
"Amy's writing workshops have been a wonderful way to uncover my voice as a writer. As a novice, I was apprehensive about sharing my work. Amy created such a supportive environment that I felt immediately comfortable and connected with the group. I entered the class intending to develop my journaling about motherhood, but have discovered the challenge and joy of writing poetry and fictional prose. Thanks to Amy’s encouragement I intend to further pursue this new passion."
-- Stephanie, Fairfield, CT
(Read more testimonials here)